Thursday, September 30, 2010

Adversity

That's the name of tonight's installment of the Stonestreet Cafe.  Life feels like a series of challenges sometimes, an obstacle course of difficulties and such.  Is there a way to re-frame adversity as an opportunity?

Sometimes yes and sometimes no.  Sometimes we have the energy to rise to the challenge and sometimes it feels good to collapse in a heap and give over to the crisis, drama and chaos.

As you know, in Julia Land, there's no right or wrong way to to confront trouble, there's simply experimentation...unending experimentation.  If it works, DO IT.

This show came out of an experience I had this week, as a guest speaker for a group of troubled teens who are trying to finish up their high school education.  It was really amazing to stand in the room with them and experience the invalidation that was radiating off of them.  These are kids who are on the cusp of discovering more of who they are and how to move in the world...kids who've had a pretty rough start.  It brought back feelings and memories of my own high school experience...not my favorite time period!

Some of the kids wanted to know what I believed in and as the questions rolled in I found myself wanting to say WHO CARES...what do YOU believe in?  I'll be elaborating on my experience tonight in the Stonestreet Cafe, so please tune in to 12radio.com at 7pm PST/10pm EST.  If you miss the show, check out the archives tomorrow or Saturday for the edited version.

On another note, we're having tons of sales on readings at 12listen this October.  We're going to be trick or treating every Tuesday and Thursday.  If you want to stay abreast of these specials, please sign up for 12promotions.  This will keep you up to date on all our surprise sales.  I'm also lowering the price on my email services for the next two weeks.  If you've been struggling with abundance, now's your chance to get a reading at about 30% off.

I would love to hear from you!  Let's take a look at the adversity in your world and find a way to re-frame it.  I'm available on weekdays from about 8:30-1pm PST and Sundays for the happy hour from 1-4pm PST.

Blessings to you on this lovely, last day of September.  The energy is strange...you are not imagining it.  COME GET A READING!

xoxo
-Julia

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Dear Julia,

You're awesome. I just had to say that.

Thank you for your enlightening perspective. You have a special, real way of being precisely in sync with exactly (!) what is going on in the universe. This amazing quality is as insightful as it is helpful, and much appreciated. (Today: Whew, glad I'm not imagining it!)

Blessings back to you on this lovely (soon to be re-framed) last day of September.

Michelle

Julia Stonestreet Smith said...

wow!

thanks for the wonderful comment Michelle! it's folks such as you that inspire me.

love, love, love working with you girl!!

xoxo
-j