Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Modern Woman

I hope you'll join me this Thursday for the next episode of the Stonestreet Cafe.  This week, I'm welcoming historian and author, Kate Culkin to the Cafe to discuss her new book Harriet Hosmer, a Cultural Biography.

Harriet was a MODERN WOMAN if ever there was one.  A successful artist in the 1800's, she lived a fascinating life of breaking the rules and succeeding at it.  Kate and I will be talking about what helped her create success in a time period where women were pretty oppressed.  Keep in mind that the Cafe now airs at 6pm PST/9pm EST at 12radio.com.

In other news, Venus and Jupiter both go direct tomorrow.  YAY!  We can expect to see more flow with abundance, love and opportunity.  It's been a bit of a haul to get through this Venus retrograde if I do say so myself!  I can't wait to see what happens as Venus and Jupiter gain forward momentum again.

It's an excellent time to get a reading and I'll be around Thursday and Friday to take your calls.  Email readings are amazing as well, so don't struggle in isolation...COME GET A READING!  Stop by Thursday especially, to celebrate the end of the retrogrades.  We're having a big sale from about 9ish-11am and then again from 1:20-4:20 pacific time.  I'll be there!

Also, Friday morning at 9am PST/noon EST I'm hosting the HEALING OASIS at 12academy.com.  Jump in and get a 20 minute energy balancing.  It's going to be like swimming in the spiritual hot springs and coming out fresh and relaxed.  Hope to see you there.

I realized that today is our family's one year anniversary up here in Idaho Springs, Colorado.  I love it!  As I drove to Denver today to run errands I had a running list of things I love about this small town that I was going to share with you.  A gratitude list...but on the way back, the traffic stressed me out so much that the darn list faded out of my head.

Suffice it to say that I'm happy, happy, happy to have left the urban jungle and created a more simple, manageable life for myself, my husband and my kids.  LIFE IS GOOD and it's going to get better as we move toward the holidays.

Many blessings to you friends.  I'm off to get the kids from school and hope to have a quiet evening of recovery from the traffic-rattle I experienced.  Seriously.  I am RATTLED.

Join me in the Cafe Thursday night for show #30...MODERN WOMAN!

xoxo
-Julia

ps.  CHECK OUT MY HOLIDAY MESSAGE ON THE LEFT COLUMN OF THE BLOG!  It's hilarious if I do say so myself but the message is for real.  Permission heals...

6 comments:

ladybug said...

Love the holiday message! Thanks for my early gift! I'm going out to get some marshmallows so I can roast them over my coal! ;)

Julia Stonestreet Smith said...

YEAH! do it ladybug and remember as well that coal under pressure and with time becomes a diamond!

who doesn't love a gemstone or two?

xoxo
-j

Marie S said...

I enjoyed the show last night, finally got over to listen!
I love the music you pick also.
You are very good at this dj thing Julia.
I loved Kate's interview and learning about Harriet, she must have been quite a woman.
I am going to have to make this a regular weekly thing.
Glad you post the reminders.
Love and hugs dear one!
Have a great weekend.

Julia Stonestreet Smith said...

marie!

it's so great to hear from you and of course, i love the praise!

i was a dj for a college radio station some 20 years ago now. it's great to have a space to talk about whatever i want to as well as welcome great guests AND play all the songs i love.

so glad you caught the show and i hope you're experiencing peace, prosperity and MORE!

xoxo
-j

Kate C. said...

Marie S. Thank you for tuning in! And I agree with you about Julia's taste in music. (And of course, thanks again to you Julia. It was great to talk to you.)

Julia Stonestreet Smith said...

thanks for coming the the cafe kate. everyone LOVED the show. one of my regular listeners said it was the best one so far.

damn. now i'm going to have to top it...

xoxo
-j