Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Holidays!!

Well, friends...

Here we are at the end of another year.  Wow.  It was a wild one.

I want to thank each and every one of you for your participation here.  I love hearing from you and feeling the connection with you!

This weekend offers us a lot of earthy stability with a Virgo Moon and some lovely Sun and Moon aspects to our dear friend Pluto.  This might not be everyone's idea of a good time but it does bring out the traditional element and some of us love this stuff!

I spent some time today with my daughter watching Heidi on Netflix.  This was one of my favorite stories when I was growing up.  I read it more than a few times.  I got so weepy over the grumpy, old grandpa as his heart opened to little Heidi.  Let's call him Pluto in Capricorn in this equation.  His dark, secretive pain has completely blotted out any enjoyment of life.  Then there's sweet Heidi who seems to heal everyone who crosses her path (Moon in Virgo) with her simple appreciation of nature and life's easy pleasures.  Oh and let's not forget spoiled, wounded Clara who seems determined to seduce Heidi away from the mountains with her luxuries and city living (Sun in Capricorn).  Clara seems to represent our perception that having more will bring satisfaction (Capricorn).  In the end, they all get what they want and need and everyone is happy and most importantly, Heidi gets to stay in the mountains with grandpa.

Maybe I just made that whole thing up.  The metaphor strikes me as the Sun, Moon and Pluto all come together today, tomorrow and Sunday.  This season is bringing out our need for tradition of some kind.  And it's bringing some of the grumpy together with some healing.  We'll be looking for luxury but might just discover it's not really the answer.  Simple joys, good food and time connecting with loved ones might bring on the biggest of healings for everyone.  That's my prediction for this weekend and I hope you find yourself in a happy home with love all around.

I can't wait to see what's coming in 2011.  I have a feeling it's going to be exciting and forward-moving after a year of challenging retrogrades and somewhat backward motion.

Let's find out together!

Many blessings to you my friends! Thanks again for making 2010 a year of expansion here at Leonine Times and now at 12radio with the Stonestreet Cafe.

YOU ARE LOVED!
-Julia

4 comments:

Marie S said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Julia and may your New Year be bright and full of love.
Love and hugs,
Marie

Julia Stonestreet Smith said...

thanks marie! and a happy new year to you too! i was thinking about this post and how heidi could be the capricorn sun and clara could be the virgo moon...or maybe grandpa is the virgo moon and clara and heidi is pluto in cap and clara is the sun in cap?

no matter! any way you look at it, it all works out.

xoxo
-j

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays to you Julia! I so enjoy your posting every week. The movie/astrology metaphor knocked me off my chair as I've been a movie nut since I was a kid and have a new love of astrology. I think you are on to something!!!!

Here's to the new year!
Tracy

Julia Stonestreet Smith said...

tracy!

i love that you're studying astrology! i really enjoy watching movies and imagining characters as certain planets or signs. it's incredibly entertaining and i believe it can really help anchor the archetypes and make them more relate-able.

check it out!
(let's compare notes sometime...)

xoxo
-j