Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Day of Healing

I spent the day on a healing odyssey, friends and I feel compelled to tell you all about it!

My first stop was the Chiropractor, the amazing Dr. Greg Mortimer of the FSP Family Wellness Center, here in the Denver Metro area.  It's been over a year since I had an adjustment, so I was excited to get back to the Center.  Dr. Mortimer is a gifted healer and he has huge hands so when he applies pressure POP...everything gets back in place.  It's as if I feel the energy flowing through my body so much more intensely after a visit.  It's quite addictive.

I met Greg after the birth of my daughter, which was a rough one.  She was stuck for awhile and both of us got way out of alignment during said stuck-ness.  My midwife recommended him and I went initially to have him work on the babe.  I found his work to be so powerful with my little gal that I started getting adjustments too. So glad I went back today and if you're looking for a great chiropractor in Denver, check him out.

My next stop was the Yao Clinic to pick up some no wheat/no dairy bread.  I've been visiting the Yao Clinic for about 3-4 months and it's been life changing for me.  Daniel Hudson and his wife Ewa run the Clinic and they got me started on this no wheat/no dairy food plan.  I only agreed to it because it was to be three weeks long but I've so enjoyed the changes happening for me that I've stuck with it.  This means that I need to stop by for delicious eats and just to say hi as often as I come to Denver.

Like Greg, Daniel is an amazing healer.  Seriously!  Some kind of genius with Chinese herbs and Acupuncture.  I only get acupuncture once a month but let me tell you, when I get off that table, I'm flying!  I've never been preachy about lifestyle choices and I've always been reluctant to change mine but there's something about hitting 42 and feeling like now is the time to take better care of this amazing body.  I credit Daniel with getting me inspired to try something new.

My final stop was an astrology reading with John Joseph (available by appointment at 12listen.com), the man who gave me my first astrological reading at age 24 and really got my interested in learning the art.   I've been fortunate to work with him over the last 18 years and when I need to check in, he's always there for me.

It was comforting to sit with John, sipping tea and listening to his wise words about the months to come.  I gotta tell you, John is a give-it-to-you-straight reader, something I've always gravitated towards and he delivered today, giving me food for thought, direction and guidance with absolutely no fluff.  Thank you John!

As I drove back up the hill to my little mountain town, I couldn't help reflecting on how interesting it is to be working with all these men.  I'm not sure what it means but it makes me reflect on a recent reading I got from Psychic Katt (another fantastic healer/reader at 12listen.com!).  In the reading Katt saw a bunch of men supporting me in my next step professionally and I have to say...KATT, YOU'RE SO RIGHT! 

I hope to have some of these genius healers as guests in the Stonestreet Cafe at 12radio.com in either March or April when the theme for the month will be HEALING.  Healing can take so many shapes and forms and all of us have healing abilities whether we know it or not.  I hope you'll join me for this exploration of a space that we we need to wake up to and utilize in this ever-challenging reality.

I'm investing in self-care right now as a way to handle the intensity of the energy happening in the world.  Maybe you've been feeling it too but there's a strange combination of energy currently where on the one hand we want to leap ahead and on the other hand, we can hardly move.  This is frustrating to say the least and as I've pondered this particular psychic weather pattern, I've gotten the message over and over that it's more important than ever to come back to the moment and come back to the sacred space of the body.  If it's not feeling sacred, perhaps it's time to seek healing!

I encourage you to explore different healing modalities as well, from massage, to acupuncture to chiropractic care to getting a great reading.  It doesn't have to be extreme.  Even a bit of extra bit of sleep, a long walk in the woods or a lunch date with a dear friend can help us shift energies that feel heavy and oppressive.. We don't need to get drastic, it's really about coming back to this moment and coming back with love.  Easier said than done, my friends!

Speaking of the Cafe, and men who are healers, Rev. Keith Ruback will be joining me in the Stonestreet Cafe tomorrow (Thursday) night at 6pm PST/9pm EST at 12radio.com.  We're going to talk about love, attraction, romance and more in honor of Valentine's Day.  Some of you might recall the show Keith and I did last summer called BATTLE OF THE SEXES.  We're going to get back into it and see where we agree and disagree about male/female energy in present time.  I hope you'll join us in the Cafe for fun and a bit of enlightened entertainment.

I've added three shows to the archives at 12radio.com, so go give a listen!  Also the Stonestreet Cafe now replays on Mondays and Wednesdays at 3pm PST/6pm EST, so there are more opportunities to catch it when it's fresh.

See you tomorrow night in the Cafe and don't forget to stop by 12listen.com this Saturday the 12th when readings will be on sale from 8am-8pm PST.  I'll be waiting for you feeling relaxed and ready to HEAL!!

xoxo
-Julia

*I also want to honor and acknowledge all the amazing women healers in my life.  They are the baseline and the ones I run to at the drop of a hat.  Thank you and you know who you are!  Don't worry ladies.  I'm not abandoning you for the men, just spending some time communing with the divine masculine.

No comments: