Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Disenfranchised

Feeling a little out of sorts?  You are not alone!  It seems that the Sun moving into Leo wasn't quite the cure I thought it would be.  Playing out all over the world are events that seem to have a root of disenfranchisement.  Look to Norway and some of the other violent outbursts here in our own country.  What's at the root of these kinds of outbursts?  A feeling of not being seen, not feeling important and wanting to be heard.

These are Leonine themes if ever there were any!  Leo makes us more aware of where we feel seen and heard and where we don't.  Leo also demands attention.  So what is the result?  People acting out in extreme fashion.

Have you felt disconnected or disenfranchised?  Let's explore it Thursday in the Stonestreet Cafe at 12radio.com at 6pm PST/9pm EST.  How can we feel more connected?  Are there people in our lives that might need a little more attention?  I've been pondering this and wondering if perhaps I should make more of an effort to reach out to those who are feeling alone and discouraged.  I've also been looking at the parts of myself that are begging for attention.

One thing I know for sure.  Life on our little magic planet isn't always easy.  There are many things to be upset about and as optimistic as I am, it gets me down and I know it gets you down too.  It's as if we can see the shimmering potential of what this world could be and yet it's not.  We're just not there yet.  That same disappointment can reflect in our internal world as we grapple with what we're capable of versus where we are and who we are.

Do I sound a little jaded today?  I guess I am.  It might be because I stayed up too late, hanging out with some of the producers of the Stonestreet Cafe here in Denver.  Oliver Guttorm Svendsen is visiting from Canada, which has been a delight but I just can't hack the late nights like I used to.  I guess if that's my biggest complaint, I am fortunate indeed.  The hug was worth the tired feeling I'm wallowing in today!

Listen to me people!  If you are feeling alone and disenfranchised, please call me at 12listen.com.  My practice as a reader is just one way I can reach out to people, so please don't hesitate to call and make a connection.  It will lift your spirits, I promise. 

Let's see what comes next.  As the Sun moves through Leo and approaches Virgo, we'll start to find our grounding and our attention will shift back to healing, what feels good and REST.

Come play with me in the Cafe Thursday at 12radio.com.  The Stonestreet Cafe is always a party and one that I welcome you to with my whole heart.  Get in that chat room during the show.  It will help you find the common thread we all share...HUMANITY!!

xoxo
-Julia

ps.  is oliver gorgeous or what?  i am one lucky lady.

No comments: