Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Brace Yourself

Mars and Pluto find themselves in opposition today (8/10).  This is a pretty potent combination of energy!  Notice the riots in London.  We might see a little more uptick in volatility as we move out of this pattern over the next few days.  Please be careful out and about in the world!  I'm not trying to be scary, I'm simply alerting you to some high volume intensity.

Mars is the planet of the warrior and Pluto is the the planet the has domain over the cycle of life and death.  I know! It sounds dramatic and it is.  These two energies are toughing it out in Cancer and Capricorn respectively.  This means we have our attention on home, family, traditional values, the status quo (which is undergoing massive changes right now).  It's sacrificial mother-love and compassion versus tough, father, kick-your-butt discipline.

Notice how this affects you internally.  Are you struggling between the need for a big loving hug versus some kind of kick in the a$$?  I know I've been feeling like I need to get serious about things while at the same time feeling like I need to soften up.  It can be confusing but once we see that both Mars and Pluto are trying to create the same thing with very different approaches, we can find the middle ground.

I got so many amazing letters from readers last week about my article FLIP OUT.  I know some of you are really feeling the energy of change, challenge and intensity deep in your core.  Thanks so much for letting me know what's going on with you and sharing your amazing stories.  If I had time to write each of you individually, I would!

As for me, I got back from my trip to New Mexico and promptly succumbed to a nasty cold.  While I was coming down with the cold, I decided to rearrange the furniture in my house...by myself.  Wow.  Was I sore the next day.  And feverish and YUCK.  Still.  It feels good to give the place a bit of a makeover.

I'm feeling sudden pressure to prepare for winter.  Part of the preparation includes the desire to purge and get rid of a ton of stuff.  I only want to be surrounded with what I treasure the most.  It feels like Mars and Pluto are pushing us in this direction...of getting clear about what we treasure and helping us make space for more of it while urging us to release the rest.  It's easier said than done and in my case, I simply am not physically capable of moving out some of the chunky, heavy old stuff hanging around in this little house.  I'm going to stir up a couple of strong men to help me out.

If this isn't a perfect metaphor for the energy we're experiencing, I don't know what is!  Sometimes we need help with the heavy lifting and that's why I'm excited to let you know about the amazing sales we have coming up this Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 12listen.com.  Come get a reading!!  It will lighten your load and help you connect with what's most precious to you.

Thursday in the Stonestreet Cafe, I'm welcoming my friend Ronni Ann Hall to show #65...EMPATH.  We're going to explore what it means to be sensitive to energy, especially in these times of heightened intensity.  How can we use our gift of sensitivity to benefit and keep ourselves safe?  It's a fine line as you know!  Join me at 6pm pacific/9pm eastern at 12radio.com for what I know will be a great show.  Check out Ronni at thedesigningfairy.com.  She does amazing art work as well as being a fabulous intuitive reader and pet psychic.

That's about it for this week, my lovely friends.  Let Mars and Pluto rearrange your furniture in the dusty corners of your psyche.  As I like to say, go with it, not against it!  I can't wait to see you soon at 12listen.com and 12radio.com.  Let's spend some time together soon!

xoxo
-Julia

2 comments:

Amie said...

BRAVO,BRAVO,BRAVO. You are fantastic - thanks for the insight into the madness.

Julia Stonestreet Smith said...

glad it helped. what a week! feel like crawling back to bed right about now. xo