Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Belly

I'm trying to reclaim my belly. My belly often feels unreal and remote.  It's where nutrition is extracted, it's where cleansing happens monthly, it's where babies are grown (the last two observations depend on being a woman).  It's the core of the body.  It's belly-awareness week for me. 

I've been looking at my belly in the mirror.  I've been putting my hands on my belly just to feel it.  I've been sending loving vibes to my belly to sooth the ripples of discomfort that are so often centered here.

Gotta get my belly back, not back to where it was ten years ago just back to now.

This seems to be an emerging trend right now, the need to get back to our bodies, to own them, be in them and love them.  It's not as easy as it seems, is it?  The spirit is a whole different function and when we emphasize it, we sometimes pull away from the body as opposed to embracing it.  I often think that the whole point of human existence comes down to integrating body and spirit.  These two sometimes want go their own separate ways.

So how do we do this?  How do we integrate body and spirit so that we can really line up with the source in us, the spark of oneness? 

LOVE THAT BODY!!  Admire that belly, the melting pot of all the recipes being created, cooked and served to perfection.  The recipes of all we want.

Thursday in the Stonestreet Cafe, I'm welcoming my special guest, the lovely Jeryl Larson from 12radio's Mystical Moments.  Jeryl is a fantastic Advisor at 12listen.com as well as a wise guide on her own show.  I love the mystical experiences that happen in my life and I know you love yours.  How do we welcome more of this into our daily lives?  Jeryl and I are going to explore Everyday Mysticism this Thursday at 6pm pacific/9pm eastern at 12radio.com.  Join us LIVE in the chat room for tons of fun.

Also, Friday morning brings the GROUNDING AND PROTECTION MEDITATION at 12academy.com.  Jump in and lets play with easy tools to help create more protection for our bodies.  The spirit can fly free but the body is here and has to deal with the complex and at times, overwhelming energy that comes our way.  Let's offer our lovely bodies the chance to feel safe in an often overwhelming and over-stimulating reality.  This helps bring the spirit IN.


Come get a reading at 12listen.com!!

xoxo
-Julia

No comments: