Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall...Fantastic!

Sort of...it's snowy here and I'm not quite ready for it.  I do however love this season and the build up to Thanksgiving.  It gets me thinking about gratitude, which is something I touched on last week in the Stonestreet Cafe at 12radio.com.  The show was about fear and how much we love it but at one point I brought up gratitude, specifically what I call forced gratitude.

When things are going well, it's so easy to feel the gratitude.  We sing it, we shout it and we feel it but when life gets tough, gratitude is a bit of a struggle.  That's when we start to move into forced gratitude.  We start pushing to find things to celebrate.  This is a great space to play in but if you've been hanging out with me for awhile, you know I'm not opposed to sinking into some self pity.

I wouldn't want any of us to get stuck there but I do think honoring the disappointments in life is ok.  We are not going to get punished for having a hard moment, a grumpy moment or a frustrated and angry moment.  We may think that the supreme being will frown on us for not being 100 percent grateful all the time.  I beg to differ!  It's us that creates the punishment over what we think and feel.  We truly are our own worst enemies.

So here I sit with my big coat on, feeling a tad inconvenienced by the weather.  Kids were home sick yesterday and though they were well behaved, I felt inconvenienced by their presence.  This lady needs kid-free time and when it's not happening, it kind of sucks.

They're back in school today and I'm doing what I can to get on top of my many projects while feeling pretty unmotivated.  YAY!  How about you?  Where are you at, dear friends?  are you feeling gratitude for all that i or are you all too aware of all the things that just aren't right?

Venus and Mercury move into Sagittarius today after a journey through Scorpio.  I have a feeling this will lighten the mood for all of us and get us laughing again.  We're moving from the internal focus of Scorpio to the external and energized magic of Sagittarius.  This will help us find adventure and play no matter what circumstances and challenges we've been immersed in.

This week in the Stonestreet Cafe at 12radio.com, I'm welcoming 12Advisor Karen J. Lewis, who is also the proprietor of Gracious Earth Naturals.  Gracious Earth Naturals is a company that sells handcrafted body products.  I've been luxuriating in the soaps, lotions and potions for a while now and I can say with enthusiasm that this is my kind of lusciousness!  I can't wait to learn more about Karen's journey into this creative space.  Join us Thursday at 6pm pacific/9pm eastern at 12radio.com.

I've updated my archives at 12radio.com and you can find a lot of new shows there.  Go have a listen for kicks and giggles.  The replay schedule is changing this week and you'll now be able to listen to Stonestreet Cafe replays on Friday mornings at 10:30am pacific/1:30 pm eastern.

Also on Friday, my meditation group at 12academy.com continues to grow and flourish.  We meet at 8am pacific/11am eastern for 20 minutes via teleconference.  Join me there to help release stress, worry and irritability.  I'm toying with the idea of offering another session on Tuesday afternoons.  I'm going to adjust the price on these offerings so that more people can participate.  JOIN ME at 12academy.com.

Lastly, we have a big sale on readings coming up this Saturday at 8am pacific at 12listen.com.  This sale lasts for four hours and leads into our big happy hour sale from noon-4pm pacific.  These sales are a great time to get a reading and gain clarity about what's happening in the inner world.  I can't wait to get my hands on you!

That's about it for me this week.  I'm going to head back to my to-do list and dream about taking a trip to the hot springs in the next few days.  A soak in those magic minerals tends to get me back to my natural gratitude.  What helps you get there?  DO IT.

xoxo
-Julia

ps.  After publishing this, I marched straight over to 12academy.com and create a series called 20 MINUTE MEDITATION on Tuesdays at 1pm pacific/4pm eastern.  We'll meet for 20 minutes each week.  Come to one, come to all as we release stress and replace it with magic.   I lowered the price on all of my 12academy.com offerings so join me.  There is power in numbers...

click here for meditation session info


No comments: