Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Free the Moths?

My little brother has this saying...free the doves.  I've written about it before and speak about it often in the Stonestreet Cafe.  It's a way to visualize tension, anxiety, frustration and whatnot flying out of the chest and into the sky.

Well my friends, I've been seeing a lot of tension, anxiety, frustration and whatnot in the collective lately.  I've been feeling it too.  So today at the end of a very intense yoga class I was lying there in my meditative state, trying to free the doves.  All I saw was a flock of dusty-winged, gray moths fluttering out of my chest.  Weird and somehow appropriate.  Maybe the moths mean its old stuff.  Maybe the moths mean it's the hidden stuff that's eating away at my psychic closet.  Who knows?  All I know is that the image got me laughing and that's what matters.


Are you stressin'?  I hope not!  Stress is always available in copious quantities.  Let's set that stuff loose and choose a giggle or two.  We're closing in on the end of another year, which tends to get us reflective and pensive about where we're at.  We're somewhere wonderful! It's called Earth and it's bursting with beauty.  Slow down and notice the magic because just as there's an endless amount of stress, there's also an endless amount of magic to be had and enjoyed.

I'm so excited for this week's episode of the Stonestreet Cafe.  I'm welcoming the amazing Andy Wilbury Smith of the Official Andy Wilbury Radio Show.  Have you ever caught Andy's show?  It's amazing and Andy knows more about music than just about anyone I know.  We're going to be playing tunes and talking about some of the whimsical, magic music that came out of the UK in the 60's.  It's my favorite era of music and I want to share it with you.

Be sure to tune in Thursday at 6pm pacific/9pm eastern at 12radio.com for show #78...BRITISH INVASION.  I named the show such because Andy will be joining us live from the UK and we're playing all UK tunes.  Come play and take a break from heavy thinking, fretting and fussing.  Relax into obscure and delightful music and enlightening talk about culture, artists and MAGIC.

Friday brings another 20 minute meditation at 12academy.com.  We meet at 8am pacific/11am eastern for just 20 minutes to move energy and create healing.  I'd love to see you there!  It's all over the phone so need to drive or even get dressed.  I'll be there waiting for you.

Mercury is retrograde, which means it's time to seek answers internally.  Retrogrades push us back to ourselves so if you're seeking relief in the external, you're looking in the wrong place.  Soon, Mars will join Mercury in retrograde action.  This will bring opportunity to clarify what we're passionate about and what we're not.  If you feel your stress levels going up, remember you can always free the doves, or in some cases, moths.

Let's love it up!!

xoxo
-Julia

2 comments:

Amie said...

Always love your insight....now if i could just remember that I have the capacity to free the moths...that I hold the key. Peace.

Julia Stonestreet Smith said...

AMEN, amie!

Let it all out!