Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mercy!

Good heavens.  What a stormy time period we're in.  I don't know if it was the solar flares last week, the Mars Retrograde this week or the upcoming shift of Neptune into Pisces.  All I know is that it is volatile out there.  I keep getting this image in my head of that childhood game where you interlock your hand with someone else's to see who can bend back further and with more force.  It ends with someone screaming MERCY!

I'm kind of kidding but I'm kind of not.  The energy is ferocious and many of us are struggling to figure out just how to handle it.  I can't tell you how many stories I've heard about explosive exchanges at work, at home and in the world at large.  People are lit up!  Lit up means having our issues, fears and insecurities close to the surface, so close that they threaten to completely take over and run the show.

I've had more than a few conversations this week where I felt like I was talking to someone's mental illness (and I'm pretty sure some of them felt the same way about me!).  What are we to do?  RETREAT...and rent a good movie or dive into a book.  Sometimes we just need to take shelter while the storm works itself out.  I know there's a confrontation or two you'd like to have.  Take it from me, NOW IS NOT THE TIME and you will not achieve the results you want.  You might get to see some mental illness up close.  If that interests you, go for it.

Neptune is moving into Pisces on Friday.  This is a big shift.  It takes Neptune roughly 164 years to move through all 12 signs.  It's a long cycle.  Neptune is at home in Pisces and as the planet of union, oneness, and peace gets rooted in its home we will see some big shifts taking place.  Hang in there!

When a planet switches signs, we have a period of adjustment where things tend to feel off.  It takes a little while to get used to the new energy.  We're feeling that right now...feeling the shift and because this is a big one, we're feeling it big time.

I had a dream this week that I was taking a trip around the world in a big airplane.  We kept stopping in different cities to get more fuel, etc.  We were preparing to land in China when the plane took a total nosedive towards what looked like a lake.  No one else on the plane seemed concerned but I was preparing to die.  At the last second, the plane pulled up and glided on to the water and everything was fine.  It was all very routine for everyone except me.

This image of the plane going straight down into what looks like a deep lake is such great imagery for Neptune moving into Pisces.  The deep lake represents the unconscious, the collective mind, our emotional bodies and more.  Here comes Neptune, ready to dive in and sink into the murky waters of fear, insecurity and uncertainty.  The unconscious is a scary place at times because it feels out of control and unmanageable.  We're reluctant to go there but whether we're willing or not we are going!

Some of the unconscious drives coming to light right now might very well feel like life and death.  Some of the battles and challenges we're in are loaded with intensity and we can't seem to figure out why.  Neptune is bringing an awakening and a healing and despite the terror of being submerged in a plane in a deep lake, we're actually going to land just find, skimming along the top of the water.

Neptune is urging us to visit the murky waters of the unconscious.  It's time to get clear about who we are, what we want and what motivates us to create our lives.  As always, what we're afraid of often seems like a piddly, little shadow once we get face to face with it.  Neptune is taking us on this ride and it's time now to trust and let go of the resistance we use to defend against what we might find in the shadows.  Let's just go and have a good time.  In my dream, as soon as we landed, a party broke out on the plane?!  It was NUTS. 

I'm going to explore these ideas and images in much more depth this Thursday in the Stonestreet Cafe at 12radio.com.  It's show #85...PRETTY THINGS.  I want to examine how we find beauty in the world.  What makes things ugly?  Can we experience more beauty by deciding to?  I'm pretty sure the answer is yes so tune in and let's see where we get to.  Call me during the second half of the show for a reading or to discuss!  1.218.862.7200 ext 870303.

I'm here, my friends!  We're on this journey together so shake off any feelings of being alone in it.  Come on over to 12listen.com for a reading and a healing or sign up for a 20 minute meditation at 12academy.com.  Together, we'll find a soft spot to land.

xoxo
-Julia

1 comment:

Amie said...

WOW...what a perfect way to describe this week! Your page is my sanity place; a place for me to get real and get grounded week after week. Thank you for all you do!