Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Change to the Core

Are you feeling it as much as I am?  The Sun just moved into Aries and Thursday brings a New Moon, conjunct Uranus in Aries.  We're feeling the need to bust out!

This is something I've been exploring in the most visceral way as I prepare to move to New Mexico this spring.  I'm so ready to wake up to life in the high desert!  I'm also hosting the last episode of the Stonestreet Cafe at 12radio.com on Thursday night at 6pm pacific/9pm eastern.  Don't worry!  I'll be back to radio at some point soon, you can rest assured.  It might be on a different day in a different time slot but the Cafe will be revived.  In the meantime, all my shows have been archived at 12radio.com, so please give a listen while you can.

There are other changes I'm contemplating but they can't be shared quite yet.  Sometimes we have ideas and plans that are in the seed stage and need to be protected until they can grow and get stronger.  It's very hard to wait!  There's a part of me that just wants to shout from the rooftops about it all but another part of me is saying wait...wait...

I've never been much of a strategic thinker, just ask my husband.  He tried to teach me how to play chess when we first met.  Chess is one of his greatest pleasures but I never had the patience to think three to five moves ahead.  I just spontaneously moved my pieces, impatiently and to my detriment.  I find myself struggling to come up with a strategy for all this change and realizing I might just need to chuck the whole notion of mapping it all out.

And so here I am.  I keep thinking 'what's the best way to organize it all?  How can I best control and manage the process to create the outcome I want?'  I might just have to let go and let the pieces fall where they may, imperfectly and possibly in a heaping mess.  It feels good to play with this possibility!

When we spend too much time trying to make it all perfect, we cause ourselves undue stress and we also unhook from the part of ourselves that knows it's all going to work out.  Faith often requires the suspension of control.  So I ask you this today, my friends...where do you need to let go of control?  Can you trust that in letting go, life will actually come together again in a new pattern and a wonderful way?

The only thing I can emphasize right now is that we stay in touch.  I need to be able to share what's happening as it's unfolding in its imperfect way.  If you're reading this, you know how to find me.  I'm hoping I can get others to connect with me via the blog, facebook and/or my mailing list.  I don't want to lose anyone who wants to be found.

Sorry to be so cryptic.  I guess it's part of my attempt at strategy!

In other news, I'm heading down to New Mexico for spring break to research and prepare for my move.  I'd love to work with you before then, so get over to 12listen.com today, Thursday (we're having a big sale from 7:37am -12:37pm pacific in honor of the New Moon) or Friday.  I'll be sending free minutes to those of you who've worked with me and I hope to hear from you.  I'll be back in action Friday, March 30th, so let's get together!

Much love to you!  Embrace the magic of the New Moon in Aries!

xo
-Julia

2 comments:

Amie said...

First, I want to wish you all the best in your move to the ever magical Sante Fe. May the spirits bless you and your family with positive vibes. :)

Second, I realize i need to be patient with the current New Moon energy & "wanting to bust out" ...but this feeling is so hard to harness. It makes my nerves feel like they're outside my skin. Gross image, but still valid. I am so DONE with the old. :/

Marie S said...

Good luck with everything Julia.
I am not the strategic planner either.
But why does that form of living have to be wrong?
Maybe it is right for us!!
Blessings all over you and your family in your changes.
May they be the best for you and yours!