Thursday, May 24, 2012

Breaking It Down

I'm breaking my house down.  10 days until our big move.  I wish I could let go of more stuff!  It feels so Venus retrograde, handling all these things we've collected, some useful, some not.  Objects get energy in them.  There's that dress worn long ago on a date that went awry or the old, silver mirror from a Grandmother that's about to fall completely apart.  There's the big armchair that got recovered only to have unruly cats scratch it to pieces again.  So much stuff and all of it has energy, some positive, some negative.

Venus is about what we value and often what we collect...what we think we might need or what we think we should have.  Going through the packing and moving feels like a way to connect with Venus.  I want to make the most of this opportunity to purge and release stuff that's no longer wanted or desired.  I'd love to clarify what I value, what's worth striving for and what's not.  I want to make room for a new dream and a new path to unfold. 

It's a lot of work!

The other aspect of the Venus retrograde that I find amusing is the intense self consciousness I suddenly feel about carrying a few extra pounds, or the fact that I keep breaking out.  Are you feeling a little disconcerted about the way you look?  I am. 

That's about all I have today, my friends.  I really need to go confront my office and pack up some papers.  It seems ridiculous to have to cart around 3-7 years worth of old bills.  How many trees died so that I can tote this stuff around?  I think in my next incarnation, I'm going to go total online billpay.  Thanks for showing me the value of this, Venus.

xo
-Julia

3 comments:

trupti said...

This period is driving me up the wall....I am so "on the edge" about everything-my personal life, my busines..EVERYTHING! Glad to read that there is a reason for all of this! thank you.

Julia Stonestreet Smith said...

I'm on edge too. And my body feels 'off'. Keep up the good work, friend! This too shall pass.

xo
-J

Michelle Rowe said...

On Edge. Can that be translated as "slightly combative"? Trying to be gentle, trying.