Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Fire Inside

We all have a fire inside.  Sometimes it's a tiny, flickering flame and sometimes it's a raging inferno.  Some of us are seeking ways to feed the fire, to find inspiration and energy.  Others are looking for ways to quell the fire, to calm and tame it.

It's a balancing act.

I feel the fire inside!  At times its urgency keeps me ungrounded and scattered.  At other times, the fire feels dim and in need of sustenance.  Noticing the state of the fire inside can tell us a lot about how true we're being to ourselves and our inner guidance.  We're all the keepers of our own flame.

So I ask you today, what do you need to get your fire burning bright?  Does your energy need taming or stoking?  Part of what helps that fire burn evenly is expression.  How are you expressing your creativity these days?  Are you making time for it?  Is it a priority?  Are you able to speak what's on your mind without fear of censure?  Are you holding back in order to protect someone's feelings?  Are you paying attention to your own guidance and taking steps to follow it?

Lately, I have this terrible pain in my neck, literally...so communication and everything related to the 5th (throat) chakra has been on my mind.  I've been asking myself what in my life is a 'pain in the neck'?  Some of it is obvious.  I'm packing and preparing to move. I have phone calls to make and people to organize.  My work life is not getting enough attention and my self care space is a bit weak.  Frankly, it's all a big pain in the neck.

Other things are more subtle, like some of the ways I've held back in order to make others feel more comfortable.  I can think of a couple situations where I felt a wave of inspiration but didn't act on it.  I hemmed and hawed and wondered if it was the right time.  The fire was bright but I didn't respond.  Has this contributed to the pain in my neck?  I wonder...

Fortunately I've never been a stickler for wrong or right.  I'm the ultimate observer and treat every experience as a chance to learn.  I have a terrible pain in my neck signalling  me that there's stuck energy and stress pooling up.  It's ok.  Moving is stressful but one thing I'm taking from this experience is that the next time I get an overwhelming urge to do something, maybe I should just do it.  No more waiting...

In other news, I just want to thank everyone for all the wonderful notes and well wishes about my move.  It looks like Santa Fe might help me cross paths with many of you, dear readers, and for that I'm grateful 

As for the big leaps I'm preparing to take (in addition to moving) I might just have to wait a little longer, so that I can get grounded in my new space and get that self care space shored up so that I can leap with grace and aplomb.  In other words, I regret nothing and welcome everything, even if it is a pain in the neck!

BURN BRIGHT MY FRIENDS!  Express who you are.  Take risks.  Follow your guidance and trust the process.  Easier said than done and always worth striving for.

xo
-Julia

No comments: