Tuesday, July 17, 2012

New Moon in Cancer

Tomorrow (Wednesday) brings a New Moon in Cancer.  Our thoughts are on home, family, safety and security as this energy washes over us.  We're seeking comfort now and looking at where we can retreat to for rest.  We might feel like the shelter we need isn't available.  That's the gift of the New Moon, no matter what sign it's in.  It shows us what needs healing and often how to create that healing.

The beginning of a healing is the dawning awareness that something's not right.  As our attention moves into seeing what needs fixing, adjusting and changing, we might get spooked by the immensity of it all.  Don't let the spook get the best of you!  Welcome the awareness because this is the beginning of making changes that move us into the flow we so love.

My thoughts have definitely been on home, family, safety and security as I continue to adjust to my new environment.  I'm watching my children and my cats and my husband move through their feelings about being in a new space as well.  My son is longing for the Colorado mountains.  He seems to be struggling the most with this change.  Sometimes, witnessing someone else's struggle is harder than living through our own.  I've had to hold steady for my little man, assuring him that with time, he'll fall in love with the high, mountain desert as well.

What are you longing for?  What is it that you feel like you're missing?  This is worthy of attention as we move into the New Moon magic.  We might try and brush away some of what we want because we think it's silly to want it or maybe we think it's impossible to have.  Just notice this.  No matter how great or small our desires are, they are the clues we need to find more fulfillment.  Welcome the longing and let it inform the choices you make today.

I'm excited to announce that the Stonestreet Cafe at 12radio.com will relaunch in August on Fridays at 11am pacific/2pm eastern.  I've longed for that platform over the last few months and it feels so good to be coming back home.  Since I was last there, we've created a 12radio app for the iphone, ipad and ipod.  The app makes listening to 12radio.com easy wherever you go.  It's free, so download it and get more access to shows that are playing live as well as the archives.

In other news, I'm now doing readings here in Santa Fe and would love to connect with you!  If you're interested in learning more about my work or want to set up an appointment, shoot me an email (look to the left side of the blog) and let's get started.  If you're not in this region, you can still find me at 12listen.com and we're going to have a big sale tomorrow (Wednesday) in honor of the New Moon.  Come by and let's carve out some comfort.

Lastly, my website juliastonestreetsmith.com is getting a major facelift.  As I close in on a launch date, I want to let you know that Leonine Times will be moving over to the new site.  The sad part of this move is that the feed that sends these posts to you via email, can't be moved.  I'm going to lose some of you, which is a major bummer.  I'll be sure and send a reminder or two when it all comes down so that you can come with me to the new site.  If you want to be sure and stay in touch during the transition, come on over to facebook and 'like' my page.

So there you have it.  I'm coming home to 12radio.com and creating a new home for the blog.  Are you home?  Home is worth looking at with Cancer in the skies.  Let's get cozy!

xo
-Julia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julia, so glad to see your wisdom return to 12radio. Hope New Mexico is treating you with much love.